Saturday, August 24, 2013

LEADERSHIP LEGACY

What do I want to be remembered for as a leader in the professional and personal arenas of my life? Do I want or care about being remembered? Why should I care about this? If I care what are the things that are worth thinking about what other people think in the future about my past? What relevance or manifestation does this relate to my leadership skills and ability in the present? Is this workout futile because of the nature of pride and sinful thoughts that center near this line of investigation? On the high road, if I were to answer any of the questions above positively, I think acting as the leader God intended would be what I hope I had done. Exiting this world with the knowledge I had accomplished this getting out his message would be thrilling for me. If my convictions are true, then building a business model to help the most vulnerable populations in society that was successful within the ethical and moral teachings laid out as I understand them would be of value to show for my time on this Earth but more than that the glory should be his and others. Personally, I want my son to remember me in the loving sense. Yet, if this is not possible because I have had to be the one to play more of a preparatory role in helping him to have a life he would be happiest with, then that is okay. Then my legacy is represented by him being independent enough to stay in our house where he can have choices of what pets to have, ability to go to the movies and actives he enjoys like being on his computer with internet access. This life is nonexistent in most group home situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment