Saturday, August 24, 2013

PERSONAL LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PLAN

Getting back to the course addressing what the exercises, readings, and text information can be used to fine tune my personal leadership development and action plan. The appendices explain my interpretation thoroughly in my opinion. I have expressed my opposition with reasons for opting out of some of the assignments. Skill Development 2.1 is the one that I chose to exclude. Self-Assessment Exercise reveled over all my potential for management was on the high end. A lack of drive name Surgency and Agreeable could be things to work on. I put in my profiles at a time where I was beginning my professional career and now. I think this shows how age and time change people in general some call it wisdom but a simple term I have heard is “the school of hard knocks,” references learning from experiences. You can review my final thoughts on each exercise. Subscribing to the Big Five and personality testing is a failure and a dependence on what I consider to be a flawed science and a profession with serious ethical considerations that needs to clean up their act. Now this refers mostly to personality testing. Relying on case histories and principles history has taught us would be a better way of looking at organizations. Our country stood up and wrote a document that unveils a script for how to treat people like equal and fair. That said throwing all of this out the window would be a completely egotistical aggressive act. Examining Theory X versus Theory Y taught me there is a time that one must exert a coercive power. It was pleasant to find out that these instruments showed I leaned to participatory, delegation and as I stated in the previous section and paragraph fair and equal. I 8 do not have a need for power. However, I am not afraid to make a decision the situation demands this. My need for achievement and motivation based on this can reflect self-centeredness. This contradicts the assessments that show I can delegate and favor participatory styles of leading. Disagreeing already with the idea of how the authors can make politics an official skill to develop, it is not surprising this is something I need to work on from the information on the exercises. Networking scores were just above political skills in the exercises. It is very hard for me to ask people for things. It goes against my basic conceptions. I am a good listener according to these assessments. Then it going right on to whether I am on the in or out group lands me just inside the fence of the in group. I stated and know that it shouldn’t be but my respect for a person sometimes clouds my ability to want to be in or out. It will not keep from performing my duties or job correctly. Being a team player currently has low appeal for me. Corporations and small business I have worked for had a two faced culture with many of the employees and management. The interaction I have had with those charged with connecting tax payer supported groups and government agencies designed to help those in need reveals a monstrous bureaucracy that should be cut back by trimming or killing. A pleasant surprise was finding out I have Transformational Leadership qualities. Actually I have characteristics of a Charismatic and Transformational but think the former is more accurate than the other. This will come in handy when I form and build my business. Negotiating skills, understanding basic needs and how motivation is met are things I can take away from this course. I think the research done in these areas is spot on. God said 9 “Feed my Sheep.” Studies have shown that children under nourished learn poorly. If the basics aren’t met first there will be no going anywhere else. Understanding people past this is important. YEARS PERSONAL BASIC GOALS STEPS OVERALLL ORGANIZA TION REFRAMING RESOURCES START UP BASIC GOALS STEPS ACTION PLAN 1 5 10 Relaxation skills Tanner in two classes Vo-Tech Bill and I time to work on relationship and communication Personal exercise/BibleStudy Family /Friends Exercise Program No back tension Balanced work/life Re-evaluate Tanner career job path Continued Re-Eval Community Personal Resources Pre-Retirement Set Travel bucket list Reassess Tanner supports/trust fund Communication with all Planning Consultation Continual Re-access Open or launch 1/1/14 Reach 50% Special Ed Teachers 25% Resource Info Dispersed Business plan written SBA Innovative Grant Use all research info/education work skills/relationships get vo-rehab pay for training Reached 50% Resource Info Dispersed 75 % Teachers reached 25% Ped/Primary Care Continue Reassess Always be willing to pack in if not effective Stay in touch God Seek guidance Reached 100% Teachers 50% Ped and Primary Care Providers have Health Lit Info need More of 5 year Expanding on Opp when appear    

No comments:

Post a Comment